Counseling: Get Rid Of Addiction, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Addiction is a global issue that needs acknowledgment if we want to save ourselves from the disturbing consequences that comes with it. This problem is increasing with the passage of time and you will be surprised to know that there are various types of addictions that we do not even know about.
The real reason addiction is a major world wide issue is because people start to hide that they are addicted just to stay away from further negative comments and insults. AlertenSafe believes this creates hopelessness in the patient because they are not motivated to quit and live a healthy life. So, we should be aware of the problem, realize how serious it could be, and also need to know that how we can manage or help an addict person in getting rid of it as early as possible.
If you are a parent, or another adult that cares for or works with teenagers, it is important that you learn about the teenage relationship dangers of alcohol abuse. In a recent study conducted by both medical professionals and law enforcement personnel across the country, it has been established that teens choose to indulge in alcohol more than any other drug available today. In most cases of alcohol abuse among teenagers, those that participated in this type of activity did so as a result of pressure from a friend, or the person that they were involved in a relationship with. This is why I deem alcohol abuse as a one of the teenage relationship dangers that adults should be concerned with.
1. When a teen indulges in the consumption of alcohol, it places them in a position in which they are more likely to indulge in other drugs. The experimentation may include the abuse of over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, and even illegal street drugs. Many professionals refer to alcohol as a "gateway drug" because it seems to open up other types of substance abuse. If a teen is involved in a relationship where their partner is using alcohol, it is likely that they will be more prone to indulging in use. In addition to this, other complications may arise such as physical and emotional abuse.
2. When a teenage couple engages in drinking activities, and they are of driving age, it greatly enhances the chance that they will become involved in a vehicular accident. When it comes to teenagers, alcohol related injuries sustained in car accidents are considered to be the number one cause of death. It is important to ensure that if your teenager is around other teenagers that drink, whether through the means of a relationship, or just a friendship, that you make every attempt to get the friend help. It could just save their lives.
3. Teenagers that are involved in a relationship where alcohol abuse is occurring could result in other types of injuries and even fatalities. Many may attempt to swim and drown. Many may engage in "dares" that can hurt them. In addition to this, depression may occur. This can result in suicide, and in some instances, even homicide. Seeing that the teenager's judgment is still developing, adding alcohol to the mix can result in many complications.
4. It has been found that teenagers that indulge in alcohol consumption are more likely to engage in unprotected sexual activities and intercourse. Naturally, this can lead to teenage pregnancy and even sexually transmitted diseases. These areas of concern are considered to be teenage relationship dangers for the simple fact that diseases can kill and even having a child too early can result in many health complications for the mother as well as the child.
5. Teenage relationship dangers when it comes to alcohol include sexual assault and date rape. Naturally, this type of situation can result in life long mental, physical, and emotional effects.
If you have teenagers, or work with them, it is important to learn all that you can regarding the teenage relationship dangers - especially those related to alcohol abuse.
A common misconception is that people are only addicted to alcohol or drugs. But you will be surprised to know that sugar addiction is the most common issue in kids and teenagers. The best solution to this problem is spreading awareness and taking sessions of addiction therapy. We, at AlertenSafe, are here to help you with our expertise in the following ways.
What is addiction therapy ?
Addiction therapy is a type of psychological and medicinal treatment of something that is bothering you too much. It is disturbing you in a way that you do it again and again and after doing that you feel guilty about it. Some people call it even Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) which is addiction to something that you cannot stop thinking about using or doing.
The addiction therapy is done by our specialist therapist who have completed their degrees in this field. Although we all consider ourselves therapists at some point when we are giving your suggestions, that is not the actual therapy that can help someone.
For addictions that are serious like alcohol, sex, pornography, cigarette, etc you need professional help that is provided by the addiction therapists. So, when you feel that you are getting into some kind of addiction, rush to the doctors and discuss your problem. This is the most helpful thing that you can do for yourself because it helps in early diagnosis of the problem, then early consideration in the right way, and ultimately you get rid of it at early stage without the need for medicines and exercising. So, you can say that addiction therapy is helpful for addict individuals who fail to cope up with their problems by themselves.
How it treats different types of addictions in Singapore ?
According to the surveys conducted by our Alertensafe team, one in almost 5 people is suffering from one or another type of addiction. Well, this figure is quite alarming because the ratio is stretching with each passing day. The new type of addictions is introducing that is causing depression and anxiety in society. Given below are some of the addiction types that people face most of the time at present.
1. Drugs and rinks addiction are the topmost right now in the world which is affecting half of the addicts all over the world.
2. Social media and mobile addiction is another sign of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) that is affecting the mental health of people by taking them into anxiety cycles which they cannot get out of easily.
3. The third most important type of addiction is gambling that is taking the youngsters by storm as it distracts them from the right path. They cannot study and focus on anything in their lives and then start taking other types o things that make them addicted to multiple things at the same time.
How addiction therapy can help in treatment?
Well, addiction therapy is the only way that can help in dealing and helping the addicted person for dealing with the problem. It is very simple to deal with addictions if the therapy is done in the right way. Those at the early stage would only need to have sitting sessions, while those at the later stages would need to have medicinal treatment and even exercising on regular basis. So, all you have to do being an addict is that you take care of yourself by reaching out to the therapist who is the only person who could help you out in this situation.
Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
There are so many withdrawal symptoms of addiction that you can observe immediately when you are getting the addiction therapy. No matter if it is from sex, gambling, or drugs, you will feel similar symptoms almost in every case. So, let us see what are they actually.
1. At the very start, you start to start to feel ache in your head along with dizziness in your body. But slowly it fades away and you get normal in almost a month.
2. You might also start feeling chest tightness in some addiction cases and even to the point of feeling difficulty in breathing. It mostly happens during smoking cessation.
3. Palpitations and uneasy heartbeat may also be felt by many addicts when they are trying to stop taking in food or drinks of which they are addicts.
4. Nausea and stomach ache can also occur in any type of drug addiction therapy because the body is not accepting the change that you are treating it with. So, these symptoms will definitely appear.
5. You might also feel the tension in your muscles and uneasiness in the whole body when you are withdrawing from the addiction at the early stages of treatment.
No matter if a person is a workaholic, drinks too much alcohol, use social media all the time or maybe stick to mobile, are all suffering from addiction. Too much of anything is addiction and when it went to a point when it starts to bother your normal life and mental condition, you should know that you have become an addict. At this point, you would need to seek the help of a therapist that deals with addiction cases. If you do that at early stage, it is the best possible favor you could do for yourself, and to get rid of this problem without going into detailed medicinal treatment and other necessary sitting sessions.
AlertenSafe advocates on timely psychological treatment for everyone affected. For details read below: