We are aware of the facts that millions of people around the world are addicted or suffering from substance abuse and though we are safe in SGP Downtown we are not 100% immune. The real issue is that people do not share the problem because they are afraid of the insults and negative comments. This leads to serious issues where even treatment and medication cannot help to treat them. That is why getting addiction therapy in SGP Downtown is important.
However, before going into therapy it is important to understand whether you are addicted or not. You should know that there are various types of addictions. You can be addicted to sugar if you cannot resist yourself from eating sweet products. It is very difficult to get away from the addiction once you are caught into it. In recent surveys and researches in SGP Downtown, it is proven that addiction brings so many negative emotions in a person, like depression, anxiety, jealousy, and much more. So, it is very essential that it is treated in the right way and at the right time.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - Washing Hands, the Classic OCD Symptom
What would it be like, to be able to control an obsession for chocolate? Take it up a notch and think about people seeking to control full-scale eating disorders, drug addiction, gambling, smoking, drinking... even compulsive shopping!
When "food becomes my comfort" and someone crushes the bathroom scales at morbidly obese levels, body image goals and eating disorders can easily morph into a full flowering of addictive compulsions. This person is psychologically armed and dangerous to themselves. The question is what can they do to regain control over these impulse disorders?
Filling an inner void typically involves the steady build-up of an obsessive compulsive drive. Self worth, body image and any number of ego-enhancing drives push a person into ritualized behavior, most of which aggravates rather than soothes the soul.
Weight loss surgery, bariatric surgery where up to 90% of the stomach is surgically tied off in order to limit food intake, would seem to be all about excess food and binge eating resulting in at-risk obesity. Yet, gastric bypass surgery is purely "mechanical" and doesn't deal with underlying neurological dependence issues.
However, deeper down in psychological space, other factors are at play, as new research into addictive behavior suggests. Thinking that their days of body image phobia and obesity are now over following weight loss surgery, perhaps 30% or more of men and women increasingly discover that something deeper remains, namely the drive towards any-and-all addictions. What's next? Drug abuse, alcoholism, gambling, over-the-top consumerism and compulsive shopping behavior.
Addiction Transfer - Where Eating Disorder Morphs Into Another Obsession. In the psychiatric theory spectrum with genetics (nature) on one end and behavior-reinforcement (nurture) on the other end, latest research news is that people with an "addictive" tendency keep it, re-dress it, but never entirely place it under wraps.
Weight loss surgery produces profound body shaping and body image transformations, yet "window dress" your body and the mind continues to seek other avenues for obsessive compulsive focus. In the case of bariatric surgery getting thin only creates a "re-direct" of the baseline impulse-control disorder into new areas where new urges and craving take over. Think of it. A person loses 200 pounds of built-up weight, then turns to drinking two bottles of whiskey a day!
Remedies Research - Altering Brain Neurology. Unlike shrimp and bovine cattle, humans possess nature's state-of-art brain. 4 million miles of nerve fibers and neurological horsepower to drive over 10 billion brain cells, each with as much as 25,000 synapse-connection to other cells. And so, what about gaining control over addictions, whether eating disorders like binge eating and anorexia, or gambling, or drug abuse?
* Bio-Chemical Intervention. Some research already reveals that certain classes of obsessive behavior, like binge eating disorders, associate with depressed levels of the regulating brain hormones serotonin and neuroepinephrine and dopamine. Increasing these hormones acts on the brain's neurological structure, effectively blocking certain receptor sites, altering bio-chemical messaging. Result? You get an immediate uptick in "feel good" sensations.
* Drug Addiction - Blocking Receptor Sites. When "addiction transfer" takes a person from body image obsessions to drug abuse, there's a risk of falling into equally life threatening addiction as with opiates. Fortunately, these addictions are being attacked using new neural receptor-blocking drugs such as suboxane. How does it work? The neural pathways associated with 'drug craving and pleasure' are traced by suboxone, which occupies these neural receptor sites, thus silencing the addictive craving, and bio-chemically road-blocking the site so that heroin cannot enter, thus renders it useless.
Treating Underlying Anxiety And Depression. Other mood altering drug classes are known as benzodiazepines, and are offered under brands including Xanax or Valium. For 70% of the population, these powerful drug mediators work to slow the drive towards addiction relief.
This article is majorly about what an addiction therapy is, what are its important aspects that every one of us should know, and them how AlertenSafe addiction therapy can help us to get rid of different types of addictions.
In simple words, addiction therapy is a treatment that is done for the people who are either suffering from addiction and substance abuse or maybe they are into social media or mobile addiction. These are the major type of addictions that people are suffering from these days. You need to get back into your normal state when you get addicted and that is done by the addiction therapy. It includes exercising, medication and other sessions to get you get out of it as early as possible.
For instance, you are workaholic, or you are into gambling and pornography, you would probably know that at one point when you start to do these things too much, they start to affect your health. This is how it works and tarps you. You only think that this is something that you enjoy doing, while it takes away all the good moments from your life, just because you are doing it too much. So, all you need to have is addiction therapy at this stage. Another sign that you are addicted is whether people around you start saying that you are always busy, you do not have time or due to substance abuse you have red eyes. Right at the start, when you get such comments, you have to become conscious and start seeking help from the addiction therapist in SGP Downtown against this problem.
Compulsive Disorder - Why Do We Need Routines?
The importance of addiction therapy is very well now by almost every person in SGP Downtown because it is a much talked about topic. Although the fact is quite a point and true that it is not given as much importance as it should be given, still its importance is still there and needs to be taken into consideration. There are so many reasons why it is so important to have timely addiction therapy.
Well, the major reason behind this is that it helps in early awareness and acknowledgment of the problem. After this, you can consider the problem and try to recover from it before it gets too late to get rid of it. It is the basic step to start with if you are suffering from the addiction problem because other than this there is no proper way out. So, realize that importance and get your addiction therapy as early as possible from the doctor that is specialized in this field of medicine.
Addiction therapy helps you get away from the addiction in a very simple way, and most of the times just with sitting session and without a medication or pain killer. Given below are some of the points that will help you know how it helps to recover from all types of addictions that one can possibly have.
1. The general and main goal of saving a person from addiction, especially gambling, drugs, and sex is to save that person from all types of negative thoughts. As we all know that this type of addiction comes from the negative emotions so they are dealt with to help the person get out of it as early as possible.
2. As long after the addiction therapy, you still want to go back and get that thing done that you used to do, but the therapy is so strong that it does not allow the person to go back. It basically makes the mind of patient very strong against that addiction.
3. It deals with the underlying issues of the addiction and then it starts to remove them one by one. For instance, you want smoking cessation, but you go back again and again. The therapist will seek for the reason behind it and help you remove that. In this way when the reason is no more there, the addiction will be lost automatically.
4. You will also be provided with the things that will help you cope with this addiction, and later on with the stress that you feel while craving for it. So, no matter if you are having alcohol or cigarette addiction or sugar obsession, you will get rid of it in very short time.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - Derealization and OCD
Addiction therapy is an important field in medical science that is helping people around the world. Our addiction therapy is must for both situations to keep the patient healthy and stable. You should also try to get the therapy if you feel you are having some kind of addiction problem that is bothering you right now. Addiction therapy will provide you with all the stools to stop that craving and at the same time give you stress reliever to calm down. We in AlertenSafe are here to help you out with the process. Our team of expert therapists will not only understand you problem but also help you to get over your addiction so you can live a healthy life.